Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Making Peach Jam

Photo Credit: MotherEarthNews
I should be working, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm so exhausted. I feel like I could just fallout. Tonight I had blueberry jelly on crackers. (Thanks to my cousin, Jordan!) I've always wanted to be able to make jellies, jams and preserves. It's one of the things I have decided to learn when I become a full-time farm wife.  Might as well learn how to now. Right?
So apparently it's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be! I'm using Martha Stewart's recipe since you know, "Martha knows best". Here's her recipe that I will definitely be trying soon!





What you'll need:

  • 8 to 10 peaches
  • peeled, halved, pitted and cut into chunks
  • scant 3 cups sugar
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • coarse salt
Working in batches, pulse peaches in a food processor until chunky.

Transfer to a small saucepan, add sugar, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.

Boil, continuing to stir, until bubbles slow, foam subsides, fruit rises to the top, and jam sticks to a spoon when lifted, about 12 minutes.
Let cool. Refrigerate until completely cooled. 

Let me know what you think if you try this. 

Do you have any Jams or Jelly recipes that you wanna share? Put them in the comments or send me photos of your recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment