Sunday, June 21, 2015

My daily mantra

"She is clothed with strength & dignity and laughs without fear of the future." 
Proverbs 31:25  
This has always been my quote, my mantra, my favorite verse. It's always pulled me through tough times. When you fall into a rough patch, the bible is always a good place to look.  It will prepare you for what you have to face and also soothe your soul when things are bad.
Honestly, many people don't even know how I became a christian. Many believe that you have to be in a church and a pastor must be present and all the people must see. But actually, I became a christian on a park bench in a square in Savannah, Ga. I had just been cheated on for the first time ever and it was by the first guy I had ever loved. It broke shattered my heart to pieces. I was devastated. I was on vacation in Savannah when I found out and I was so broken hearted and devastated that I took all my change that I had and threw every bit of it into a fountain in the middle of a square. I went and sat on a bench and just sat there, miserable as could be. Then I glanced something white out of the corner of my eye. It was a soggy little card. It had rained the night before and this little card was smudged. But out of the smeared ink I could see, "God is with you." Something inside me clicked that day. That card was laid there on that bench and out of all the benches in Savannah I was led to that one.

After that day I began looking at everything as a sign or a blessing. It makes every day seem even more like a gift from God. If you take everything that's thrown at you and take it as a sign from our Heavenly Father then you'll have a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment