Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Crock-pot Pumpkin Spice Latte

Photo Credit: Thriving Home Blog 
If you follow me on Facebook then you know that I got a new job that has totally screwed with my regular schedule. Well, I haven't been posting like I should so I promised to post some tonight and definitely Friday.
Well, today the Farmer went to the expo (Yes, I pouted since I had to work.) and I am just getting home from work. I love my house. With all my plants around it kind of reminds me of a cottage but with a contemporary flair. Bella is in my lap sitting here at my bistro table on the carport. I tried setting her next to me on the bench but she crawled up in my lap anyway. I love my sweet fur child. When I have kids we will refer to Bella as their big fur sister ;) Anyway, today it's not nearly as cold as yesterday. I wanted to stop by Elliano's but I decided it wasn't cold enough for coffee yet. Speaking of coffee..


Over at Thriving Home Blog, I found a crock pot pumpkin spice latte, I haven't tried this but I do plan on it soon! Also, there were mixed reviews on it so I want to know what you think. Make your latte then give me a review on it in the comments below! Whenever I try it, i'll be sure to let you know what I thought. It serves  around 15 so would be good for bigger families or groups but it can easily be halved up. 

Ingredients
6 cups of milk (I used whole)
4-6 cups of strongly brewed coffee
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
3 cinnamon sticks

Instructions
In your crock pot, combine the milk and coffee.
Whip together the pumpkin, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon and pour into the crockpot.
Mix together well.
Toss in 3-4 cinnamon sticks.
Cover the crockpot, and cook on high for 2 hours.
*If you don't have a large group, you could easily halve the recipe.
**I've been told that heating up the leftovers doesn't work so well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment