Monday, October 5, 2015

God is good all the time

Photo Credit: Az Bible Center
"God is good all the time and all the time God is good." I heard this from a lady in class awhile back, I sat there trying to sort out my own problems. "Girl, are you listening to me? I said God is good all the time, even when you going through problems." I had just ranted for an hour about how I had recently over the weekend been treated pretty unfairly and her only words were, "God is good all the time and all the time God is good." Well these past few weeks I have remembered those words many times. I have almost meditated on the thought that God would pull me through. Then it all turned out like I wanted. So, where to start...

Those of you who know me pretty well know that I have a serious love for writing. I love to pour my heart out on this little screen. I love writing in journals, I have probably a million. I have always loved writing little stories. It's just always been my "thing". When I got a job writing about a year ago, I thought I was in a paradise. I could get money doing what I love and have the flexibility to spend time with family and friends. That kept me afloat for a little over a year. Until about two weeks ago.

My boss told me that he no longer had as many visitors coming to the site. Which meant less money coming in, which also meant he couldn't afford to pay me. So, I was basically out of a job. I spent a week in bed, watching Netflix and eating creme pies. I cried, I felt lost and I didn't know what else to do. A few days later I went into class to print out a blueprint set I had drawn for a lady a semester ago. Well, when they got checked over we realized that all my dimensions were 3 feet off. Which happens alot when the computer glitches. I was so stressed out that the architect looking over it helped me out and took it to his office to fix it overnight.
The next day, I was in his office talking to some friends that work for him about me losing my job. I vented, got my blueprints and went on with my day.
Then I get a text out of the blue from the new drafting instructor telling me that there's a job opening for an architect in town and he needs a receptionist that can draw. All I have to do is take my resume to his firm. Then I found out my friends had told him that I needed a job. So today I went. and I got the job. On the way home, I thought to myself.
God knew what he was doing when he made my computer throw everything off. He knew what He was doing when the architect took it to his office. God even knew what he was doing when He put it on my heart to vent about losing my job. God is in control all the time. He knew what my situation would be. So, I start next Monday so wish me luck & send me prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment