Friday, November 13, 2015

"The Christian Challenge": Red Cup Edition

Photo Credit: Starcasm
I have another challenge to all of you reading my blog! Read this first part for some background first though.

A single red cup has blown up my Facebook news feed for the past few days.  Why? An internet evangelist started this #MerryChristmasStarbucks, (For those of you who don't know: Starbucks released it's "holiday cups" and they're just plain old red. No snowflakes, no trees, no holly, nothing. Just red cups and the Starbucks symbol.) So this guy automatically starts screaming, and pointing fingers and telling people to go to Starbucks and tell them your name is 'Merry Christmas' so they're forced to yell it out. As soon as I saw the video my first thought was, "Not everyone celebrates Christmas." Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian, Christmas is my favorite holiday and I start to get ready for it after Halloween and I wish everyone else in the world was a Christian and loved Christmas and God as much as I do, BUT if they don't want to be a Christian you can't force them to believe. By the next couple days it had blown up into this huge ordeal. So, I did some thinking... (I know, dangerous stuff, right?)

We are not all the same. We each have a story to tell, so here's my challenge to all of you...

I don't drink Starbucks, not because of any religious reason but because I am very cheap and hate spending money on one cup of coffee when I can get it cheaper at the store and brew 6 or more cups from one package. But many of my family and friends go to Starbucks on a regular basis.
Use this as your opportunity people! Write or draw YOUR own story on that cup. It's blank. It's a canvas. A blank canvas that you can draw your own story on. Need some ideas? Write some of these on your coffee cup then take a photo and put it in the comments on my Facebook page or send it to me on Facebook!
Here's some things you can write on your blank canvas cup: (***NOTE: You may want to wait till you've drank your coffee first or it may end up in your lap..)

  • Why you love Christmas.
  • How you became a Christian.
  • What you do for the holidays.
  • One wish you have for this Christmas. 
  • A prayer. 
  • Something God has done for you this year.
  • A miracle that you've seen God do this past year.
  • What you love about being a Christian. 
  • A bible verse.
  • Something encouraging. 
  • Draw a cross. 
  • Draw a Christmas scene.
These are just a few to start you off, you can comment some more ideas you may have and I'd love to see what you all can come up with! Let's spread some love this Christmas, not hate. We have to handle this in a way that will bring light to Christ not ourselves. Thanks Everyone! Now go spread some Christmas cheer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment