Sunday, December 13, 2015

Forgiviness

Romans 12: 9-10 says, "Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor." We are to truly love one another, hate evil.Hold tightly to what is good and enjoy showing each other the love we have for each other. There's so much to say anything this, but first, let me rant. 

Couldn't we all take something from this? I know I could. There's so many things in my life that I have had trouble getting over. Even as a child my mom had to sit me down and try to talk me into forgiving and forgetting people who did me wrong. Through the years I've always had trouble.

But within the past few years I've met people along the way who were almost like breaking points for me.



For example, two people in particular. They betrayed me, they spit in my face, and I had never been so mortified in my life. Can you really picture me crying in bed with my best friends watching Steel Magnolias and The Help while I hit rock bottom? Okay, picture that for about a week... or four? Picture me feeling like I had fallen flat on my tail after the rug of comfort had been ripped from under me.

Now picture me trying to get over my entire life being shredded. Everything I thought I knew, everything I thought was secured in life. Everything turning out to be one big joke. I dreamed of them replaying the most scarring moments of my life for months. Then almost a year and a half later, I messaged her. I told her that I wasn't messaging her for her sake or his sake but because I needed to get the unforgiving poison out of my life. I told her that I had forgiven them and that I had moved on with my life and that I was so thankful that they had done that to me because it tossed me into a new world. A new life. I became very independent, getting myself a new job to support myself. Then after months of working and doing my own thing, I finally found the guy for me. Which in itself has been a totally different adventure of a new kind. An adventure I had never even seen coming.

But if it had not been for me being victim of the evil these two had in them I wouldn't had made it to the place I am in now.
So when you feel that God hasn't given you anything to live by remember Romans 12: 9-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment