Friday, April 22, 2016

Around the Farm Photo Collection



The rooster crowed as I woke up. My eyes were heavy as I sat in my car waiting on the Farmer to get home from getting his truck fixed. I looked out over the fields at the fog beginning to lift. I had been here since about 8:30 but it had seemed like hours. I rubbed my eyes and pulled my feet up in my seat. I heard a loud bang come from my door. I looked over the side of the door and who do I see? My good friend, the rooster. 
There are high levels of sarcasm as I type that. 



The small herd of yearlings 
I haven’t been too fond of the rooster ever since he chased me up the porch. He pecked my car, I guess he saw his reflection. I shooed him from my door and by that time I saw an old Ford turning into the drive. He drove like a madman speeding down the driveway. He jumped out, waved and smiled then headed to the cow pasture. he was always in such a hurry to go everywhere. I got out of my car and walked behind him to the field, my little legs tried to catch up.
This was it, this was the farm life that I would be living by this time next year. I went out to the pen that he put new cows in to keep them from getting the rest sick. 
A sweet looking baby stared back at me. The farmer walked up next to me, “Purty ain’t he?” I smiled trying to hold back a laugh, “Yerp, he’s right thur purty. Mhm.” I laughed at my “redneckity” mixed with Carl from Slingblade accent. The farmer walked around the pen staring down the calf while I wandered off to find the others. 
The rooster, a hen and the tractors. 
He has a small herd of yearling calves that like to watch us.  I found them watching me from behind the grain bin. They’re so cute & curious. I made my way over cow patties and began snapping some photos. I walked close to an old house there in the field. The farmer says it was an old goat house and where they stored stuff but I like to think that it was a house with some life in it or something. When we took our engagement photos we went in it to explore places to take photos. It’s a small 3 or 4 room house with floors that are so unstable that every step the farmer made I was holding onto walls and doorways begging him to take lighter steps. I stood there looking at this old house. Things like this, places like this it was almost like I wanted there to be some kind of history behind it. I wanted to almost see someone building it and putting all their tears, blood and sweat into it.
I heard the farmer calling to me to come on. So I walked around the grain bin making the cows scatter. He went inside the house and I sat on the porch steps looking at all my photos I had gotten. I thought back to last Summer when some people had requested to see photos from around the farm and I thought to myself, This would make the perfect 'Around the Farm' Collection. So here we are, my photos from around the farm. Enjoy and be sure to comment! :)


The Farmer & I harrowing land. The back window
of the tractor is a tad bit dirty so look past that. 

One of the calves in the fields.

My Farmer & his dad feeding the calves.

The old building in the field and my
farmer's dad driving the tractor around back. 

And then there's this precious baby.  My sweet Bell. 





No comments:

Post a Comment