Sunday, August 14, 2016

Another Life Event Added to Our Story

August 25th, 2014 is when our story began. We had many ups and downs our first year together but no matter what happened or where life took us we stood by each other. We’ve had many memorable life events since then and tomorrow we get to add one to the list.



My sweet Farmer has bought us a double wide to live in until we save up enough money to build a small farmhouse. It needs some work but that’s the fun part for me.

With my history of design and decorating this will be interesting. (For those of you who don’t know, I went to college for drafting and design and have done many, many, many design projects for apartments, doctors, businesses, etc.) I’m so excited to get in it and start working on it. It’s going to have a farmhouse feel. Picture this, lace curtains, mason jars, neutral walls with pops of color in the decor, flowers everywhere! It’s going to look fabulous when I get in there. You guys also know that I will be keeping you updated the entire way. It’s supposed to be moved tomorrow morning, they began working on moving it yesterday and just before they got it moved around to go out the gates of the lot it is currently on, what happens? It bogs down! That’s right. I am standing there watching the end of our house go into the mud. Okay, maybe that’s exaggerating a bit. The tires went about 8 inches into the mud.

Want to talk about nervous? I couldn’t even watch. But we didn’t get it moved before five o'clock so the movers are coming back tomorrow to hopefully finish the job. Maybe we can get the house together and set up tomorrow so I can get in there and begin working on it. We have a man that we are hiring to paint the entire house and I am going to do as much of the repairs as possible myself. Along with Google of course! Stay tuned to find out how I actually do with all this design work.

No comments:

Post a Comment