Thursday, November 3, 2016

What now?

With the farmhouse slowly coming together I have been super duper busy getting as many hours at work as I possibly can. Working this much will really get you to thinking, not about quitting but more like, ‘What do I want to do with this life of mine?’ Three years ago, if you had asked me what I wanted to do with my life I would’ve given you my six page plan of where my life was headed and what I wanted to do with it. I would’ve told you about my dreams of being an architect, having my own firm, being known for my wonderful interior design ideas and on top of all that I’d be a real estate tycoon. I’d be able to design, build and sell your homes. But once that dream faded, I was left asking myself, “What now?” I must say, I wasn’t too sure until these past couple weeks.

With me becoming a farm wife I felt like I needed something to do with the farm. But at the same time I wanted something that would be appealing to those who do and will read my blog. So I got my thinking cap on and took my idea to my farmer.

I took my business plan to him and he sat staring at me a few minutes. “Okay, so how will you get the money up for this?” I pulled out my timesheet copy from the past two weeks, “What do you think I’m working towards? I want to be a business woman. I want to be successful. I want to have something to call mine. This is what I want. This is my goal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment