Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sleepy Country Nights


Sleepy Country Nights

Nights like tonight are so peaceful. It's freezing outside but the moon is situated just right in the sky, the stars are shining brightly and the hens are roosting on top of the coop. It's so perfect. Tonight we went to gather eggs and I heard something as I was going past the coop. I looked up. 
There stood about 12 hens leaning over the side trying to get a peek at me. I laughed as my farmer snagged the eggs from nests around that area. It's nights like this that make me more than positive that this is where I want to raise my little farmhands, I mean children. Ha! 

Last night I was standing outside and I could hear something that I had never heard, crickets. I know what you're thinking, "Serious? You're kidding." Nope! In the city, believe it or not, you can't hear crickets or the sound of the swampy areas. You know what sounds I'm talking about. Those sounds that are like a mixture of frogs, crickets and the occasional bird. 
I always used that description in stories I wrote just for fun. I'd write about swamps and nights like this. It's kind of nice actually living it. I love living out here in the middle of scenic no where. It's so peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment