Sunday, February 26, 2017

Trusting in God with all your Heart

Today I needed some alone time with God. I had some apologizing to do for putting Him on the back burner a little bit this past week. But anyway, after I fed and watered the chickens & ducks I sat down and pulled out my bible, my bible journal, and a sheet of notebook paper. Then I began to write. I read a passage from Proverbs. Proverbs 3:5-6 to be exact. Someone, somewhere needs to hear it. Or maybe even I need to hear it to prepare myself for this week. Who knows. But why else would it be given to me to read today?

It reads like this:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your own eyes."

The question, "How do you trust?" came to mind. Trusting for me comes natural. I trust everyone until they give me a reason not to trust them or if I get a feeling from God telling me to be careful.

It tells me to trust in God with ALL my heart. What  kind of a feeling is that? ALL your heart trusting in one person? Remember the "Trust Fall" we did as kids? When you fall back and that person should be there to catch you? That's how it is with God. He expects us to fall back on Him. When things are going good or bad, fall back on God. He won't step out of the way like some of our friends did. He will catch us no matter what.
You know how you trust those stairs not to break and let you fall through them? That's how we should trust God. Like a sturdy staircase that won't break. God will catch you. Keep that in mind this week. As you go through the week think of how God has your back and when you begin to fall He will be there to catch you. His plan for you and your life will go exactly according to plan as long as you trust Him to get you through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment