Sunday, March 12, 2017

Thanking God

Ever had a flat tire? Or maybe a leaky roof? Or maybe even lost your job? I bet the last thing you thought of was thanking God, am I right?

(I'll explain further down.)

Yeah, I think we've all been there. I'll crawl into this "Box of Shame" with y'all.

Can you imagine a world where everybody took but nobody "thanked"? It'd be pretty depressing. Imagine this, you let a friend borrow something. They bring it back and need to borrow something else. This cycle goes on for years but not once do they ever say, "Hey, thanks for ______________."

Feeling unappreciated yet? 



I know I can't speak for God, but how he must feel when on a daily basis people are grabbing and taking blessings for granted. Not even giving a thought to the one who gave them that blessing.

Okay, now that I'm off my soapbox about that, let's break down 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

It says,
"16 Rejoice evermore.17 Pray without ceasing.18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

Let me break this down for you;

Rejoice evermore? Thank God daily! Be happy that He is a 24/7 God. Always listening and waiting for you to speak. Pray without ceasing? Don't ever stop praying to God. Don't ever be silent. In everything give thanks? In good times and bad times, (remember me talking about that flat tire, leaky roof or a lost job?) always remember to THANK GOD.

I know it may feel a little funny standing there looking at your flat tire and thinking, "Thank God? For my flat tire?" Thank God that you have a car that will be fixed once you get a patch on the tire.

Leaky Roof? Thank God you have a home!

Lost Job? Thank God for the opportunity and for the ability to go out and find a new job.

This is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you? This is what God wants from you. To pray, to receive and to thank him every day.

So this coming up week, remember to thank God in the good, the bad and the ugly. Remember to Rejoice, Pray and Thank. :) Have a good week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment