Sunday, May 21, 2017

Basic Buttermilk Pie Dough

Photo Credits: Minimalist Baker
In my journey to complete The Scratch Recipe Project, I learned that one recipe that will save your butt many times is having a good dough recipe.
Whether it be a chicken pot pie or a peach pie, you need a recipe that will give you the crust you want. I know, I sound like the crazy kitchen lady, right?
So I just happened to find this awesome recipe for pie crust in a magazine to be completely honest. I use it for the decorations on pies, the bottom crust, the lattice covers and whatever else I need it for. Check it out here! 😉





This dough yields 1 Pie Crust

You'll Need:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
3-4 tablespoons whole buttermilk, chilled.

1 In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and sugar. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. I just mixed it with a spoon.

2. Add buttermilk, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until the dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a disk. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.



THE SCRATCH RECIPE PROJECT: https://www.pinterest.com/adrianroseowen/lady-of-the-farm-the-scratch-recipe-project/

No comments:

Post a Comment