Monday, May 15, 2017

Bottle of Summer: The Best Poolside Drink

Photo Cred: [[Divas Can Cook]]

 Bottle of Summer

The best Non-alcoholic drink that you'll want poolside this year! 


It's been a hot and muggy day. I went outside this morning and the still heat in the air was enough to make you sick. I went out and watered/fed the chickens and Sunni, the duck and I fought gnats the entire time. Blowing hair and gnats away from my eyes was enough to drive me insane.

I filled up Sunni's pool with some fresh water so she could have somewhere to relax once it got hotter later on in the day then I brought her a bowl of mashed up strawberries. (I have realized that Sunni looks forward to a strawberry every morning. It began with one from our garden and now every morning she perks up when she sees me hoping I have strawberries.) 

Then I came back inside and began cleaning up the house. I got to thinking, "It is just so hot and gross outside. I sure would like some kind of Summer drink. But what could that be? So I turned on my 1940s jazz and washed dishes while trying to figure out what kind of drink I wanted. Y'all ever feel like that? You know you want something but can't quite place your finger on what it is? About an hour later, after the dishes were finished, it hit me. 

I wanted... *drum roll please!* 
Bottled Summer. 
"What in tarnation is bottled summer??"
Well...


I heard about Bottled Summer from a website called "Divas Can Cook", it's basically melon ball punch. It looks cool and tastes even cooler! The best part is that you can buy almost all the ingredients at your local farmer's market. (Whoop, whoop supporting local families, yay!) 
Here's how you make it...

Photo Cred: [[Divas Can Cook]]

You'll need:

 25.4 oz Sparkling white grape juice

2 cups clear lemon-lime flavored soda (Sprite)

1 cup lemonade 

1 small ripe watermelon

1 small ripe cantaloupe

1 small ripe honeydew melon

fresh mint leaves

2 limes, sliced, plus more for garnish if desired


And here's how you do it: 

In a pitcher stir together grape juice, soda, and lemonade.

Place in the fridge to chill.

Use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh of the watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon.

Place melon balls on a cookie sheet lined with foil.

Freeze.

Once frozen add a few cups of melons balls to the pitcher along with fresh mint leaves and slices of lime.

Stir.

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.

Serve cold using additional frozen melon balls as ice cubes.

Garnish glasses with a lime slice and mint leaf.

DRINK UP! 😎🍉🍉🍉🍉🍹🍹🍹

No comments:

Post a Comment