Sunday, May 21, 2017

Scratch Recipe Project: Peach Pie


Okay, so y'all remember awhile back I started this "Scratch Recipe Project"

Here's my success of the week! 

Yesterday I went to our local Publix and saw a magazine called Southern pies and cobblers. Now, I'm not much of a pie person but heck, it had step by step how to's for pie crusts and all things "from scratch". Why don't I just TRY? I bought it and with intentions of coming home and baking a blueberry pie. BUT when I got home my farmer told me that all the blueberries from the produce stand had been sold, "ALL OF THEM!?" So I asked for the next best thing... peaches. 




He brought me home peaches and I baked my little heart out. (Scroll down to overlook my excitement over the layout of this magazine!)

In this magazine, inside the front couple pages, it had a recipe for the universal pie dough. Seriously, best thing ever. How smart could one editor be? Why put the main recipe mixed in with the others when you can just flip back to the second page everytime you need the dough recipe?! Smart. Very smart.


Get out your pie pan, the mixing bowls, rolling pin and whatever kind of music you like and let's get cooking!🍑🍑🍑
Ingredients
  1. Sliced peaches (I used about 8) 
  2. Juice from 3 key limes
  3. 1/2 cup flour
  4. 1 cup sugar
  5. 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
  6. 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
  7. 1/4 Teaspoon salt
  8. 2 Tablespoons butter
Instructions
  1. Slice and peel the peaches and toss with the lime juice.
  2. In a separate bowl mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
  3. Prepare the crust. (You can use my recipe for a homemade one by clicking the link or use a store bought one.)
  4. Line the 9 inch pie plate with one crust.
  5. Gently mix the peaches with the dry ingredients and pour into the pie crust.
  6. Dab the butter over the peaches and cover with the second pie crust.
  7. Cut slits in the crust to vent.
  8. Bake in a preheated 450 degrees oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 30-35 minutes.

SCRATCH RECIPE PROJECT: 

No comments:

Post a Comment