Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Herbal Tea & PCOS


Photo Credit: Doctors Health Press
The girls at work swear by this stuff.

I don't know if it'll work or not, but I have to try. I feel awful.

I've started on some new medicine for my ovarian cysts.
 (Gotta get my body ready for little farmhands in the YEARS to come, right? 😂)



I've had PCOS since I was sixteen and I thought I had managed it pretty well. I hadn't told many people because I was so embarrassed that people wouldn't understand, until recently when I realized it's not really all that rare. In fact, once I started talking about it, more people were coming out of the woodwork to tell me they were in the same boat as me.
Just knowing that someone else is in the same boat as you is pretty comforting. So, anyway, recently I went to the doctor and she put me on some meds to help get it under control. This is week one of taking it and I am miserable. But apparently it's not uncommon, I've read a lot of reviews on the medicine saying to continue taking it, it's just my body getting adjusted to the new medicine.

Whatever it may be I'm willing to do whatever it is to get my body back to normal. Whatever normal actually is.

So anyway, the past two nights have been rough. I've been taking the metformin with supper and its like it kicks in during the wee hours of the morning with all its side effect glory. This morning at 2 a.m. I was up hugging the toilet and trying to keep down Pepto Bismol. That's a sight.

The only thought I kept having was this, "Teenagers want to move out so bad nowadays but they don't understand what it's like to be puking at 2 in the morning and no one is coming to take care of you once you feel like a noodle on the floor. Your man will be sleeping too hard to even hear you and you don't want to wake him because he has a long day of work the next day so you just stumble around trying to figure out which medicine you can take and trying to find a washcloth to cool off your face."

When I finally slipped back into bed I sighed with relief knowing that I feel good enough to sleep a few more hours at least.

So I woke up at 7 when the farmer was getting up and I told him about my night, he, of course, wondered why I didn't wake him but I think we both knew deep down that he had to work and I am off work today so it made sense to leave him be.

I assured him I felt better and he left to go work.

Then I began getting nauseous again, couldn't tell if it was because I was hungry or going to be sick again so I went to the kitchen and made what all the girls at work swear by...

Tea.

I had some mint tea left over from when I went through my "I love herbal tea" phase and I put my kettle on. So here I am, sipping on my herbal tea, getting ready for the day.

🍵

So, wish me luck and pray that this body of mine will get used to this medicine. Ugh! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment